" Life as a Middle School Teacher: The Final Harry Potter

Google

Monday, July 23, 2007

The Final Harry Potter

I, like many other fans, pins and needles for this book to arrive, yet at the same time lamented the fact this will be the last time I will read a new Harry Potter book. I am happy to say J.K. Rowling did not disappoint us, her avid readers.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling, was one of the most highly anticipated books. I read whie seated on the edge of my seat while Harry, Ron, and Hermione set off to finally end the reign of You-Know-Who. Their search for the horcruxes takes them on a lengthy adventure while the characters themselves are faced with not only external excitement, but also individual realizations.

The climax of the story, which takes place at Hogwarts, is one of the best I have ever read (granted I'm biased). Every character that we have come to know and love bands together to put an end to Voldemort and the Death Eaters. While a few of the characters perish, one bright stand-out hero finally lays to rest any doubts we may have had.

Be warned, however, Mrs. Weasly does utter a profane statement, but rightfully so. If one of my own children were in danger as hers was, I'd be screaming profanities as well.

I loved this book, I loved the series. Thank you J.K. Rowling for bringing back the fun in reading; for giving us a make-believe world we all can relate to; for dreaming up Harry Potter; for writing about friends that are as true as those in the books; and for ending the series when it was time to end it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger hise said...

"""Hello,
My name is Prashant and I'm contacting from bedpage (www.bedpage.com) - we are a top classified advertiser. I found your website and offer a possible partnership with us that will help you with increasing revenue from your web. We already work with similar webs like yours: these publishers earn great additional revenue with us.

We would like to place a dofollow link on your website from where we can get the traffic. We ae person responsible for your site  monetization so we can discuss some details and see if we could work together.
re willing to pay you in bitcoins.

We provide customised solutions for each partner, so I would like to get in touch with th
Best regards


--
Prashant
Traffic Acquisition
bedpage

Email: bpmediabuyer@gmail.com
Skype: prashushinde7 
Website: www.bedpage.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home