" Life as a Middle School Teacher: April 11, 2007

Google

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

April 11, 2007

If I make it through the rest of this school with my sanity intact, I'll be surprised. My 7th period class this is the worst I have ever had. the behavior that I deal with in there is absolutely horrific. On Monday I was standing next to Andrew when all of a sudden Lenny jumped out of his chair and punched Andrew on the back of his head. There was nothing I could have done to prevent the attack, yet the parents of both boys seem to think I was being negligent. Andrew didn't it Lenny back, however, a very long string of disgusting words was said. So I had to write them both up. I was disappointed that I had to write Andrew up; he's been making a big improvement on his behavior.

After I got finished dealing with that situation, I had to try to restore order to my 7th period. I had two students who asked if they could get water over and over. Of course I said no, but one of the boys got up and left. The other student got up, walked to my desk, and spit in my cup. I had to leave the room I was so mad. I have been agered to tears very few times. I did manage to calm down after the end of the day, but the icky feeling stucke with me.

Unfortunately every B-day is turning into a nightmare for me. When it comes to 7th period it's like I"m not even there. Erik will go on and on no matter what action I take. Kayleen talks endlessly then gets mad at me when she has to face condequences for her behavior. I am so tired of having that class.

Sadly my 8th period class is getting to be pretty bad as well. I have three boys in there with terrible behavior. Antonio used to be a great student, but his behavior has been horrible. Then they added Jonathan. Jonathan started out extremely quiet. He rarely completed any of his assignments, but was quiet. Lately, however, he has been very rude, disrespectful, and disruptive. He doesn't seem to care about getting into trouble which is pretty bothersome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home