" Life as a Middle School Teacher: March 22, 2007

Google

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

March 22, 2007

Team this morning cncluded a parent conference for a student we've had conferences four times already. He has some major impulse control problems and has not yet been able to control himself. He did, however, manage a HUGE academic improvement during the last quarter.

The rest of the team meeting included a lenthy discussion on why our jubs sucks right now. Being a teach right now feels frequently not worth it. Especially when nyou work at a school like mine. Our students are a different breed and yet they are supposed to meet the same measures of students who are essentially from a different world. Many of them even speak a different language!

My 7th period class is so completely out of control. It took them 20 minutes to write 3 complete sentesces which is ridiculuous. When I tried to get them to grade thier papers, I lost them again. Edwin is probably my biggest talker. He rarely acknowledges that an adult is in the room, nor does he care. He is missing a ton of assignments and is currently failing my class too. I had five students all trying to arm wrestle while I was trying to get a lecture started. I want to pull my hair out! I had two students who worked very hard the entire class period (yay!), and two other students who got their work done but talked the entire time. I feel like giving up with this class, even though I know I shouldn't. I'll try to focus on the students who wish to learn at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home